All students with the exception of the Cadet (beginning) level are required to audition. Auditions are for orchestra level placement (Junior, Senior or Camerata) and seating (where appropriate) only.
Only registered students will be allowed to audition, and all students will be admitted to the GGP. Our Artistic Director, Geoffrey Gallegos, will be in touch to discuss and /or schedule the audition.
GGP Audition Requirements:
- Prepare a piece that the student has been working on and is familiar with, (ideally with their private teacher if the student has one) and that demonstrates the student’s playing ability.
- Scale Requirements
• Junior Orchestra: a 1 or 2 octave scale of the student’s choice
• Senior Orchestra: a 2 or 3 octave scale of the student’s choice
• Camerata Orchestra:
• Violin/Viola: a 3 octave scale of the student’s choice
• Cello: a 3 or 4 octave scale of the student’s choice
• Bass: a 2 or 3 octave scale of the student’s choice
3. Brief Sight Reading– Sight-reading will be determined by the faculty and will be appropriate to the level of orchestra for which the student is auditioning.
NOTE: Auditions are approximately 5 minutes in length. Students might not be able to play through their entire prepared solo piece. We aim to make the audition process as low-key and stress free as possible for all of our students.
If there are any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.